
It's been a little over 3 years since my dear friend David's life was taken. I remember that day like yesterday.
5/23/04. I just was talking with him and joking around how we were going to start getting together more often. I was going to give him a ride to his friend's house where he was staying in town. I come back from the bathroom and he's laying on the grass outside, bleeding, from multiple stab wounds. The paramedics arrive and pronounce him dead right there.
I can't belive what I'm seeing, I can't believe it's really happened. He did not deserve to die this young - he was 25 for God's Sake!
I know his hopes and dreams and he hadn't quite reached it - he wanted to be married and have children of his own.
I went to visit his mom, aunt and sister on Sunday. When I laid eyes on his mom, we both welled up with tears - it had been too long since I had visited there. I saw the urn where his ashes rest. I miss him so much. I have so many things going on in my life and I wish that I could share with him, get some feedback. I've never forgotten about him and I will always cherish the memories that we shared during our 10+ years of friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment