My mom's been down lately. Her Oncologyst is about to be fired. I have been reaching across the country to get her the best medical advise that I can. I started with my "IBC friends" on the message board. http://www.ibcsupport.org/
The people on this board are so supportive and helpful. I got in touch with a very esteemed Medical Oncologyst from M.D. Anderson in Houston, TX. I recieved his e-mail address from a lady with IBC. He wrote me back on Easter morning, which amazed me that he was working on Easter, let alone to e-mail a non-patient. (M.D. Anderson is the 1st IBC Clinic in the US)
I also got a referral to a very good Medical Oncologyst that works in Oakland Kaiser. She got her residency at M.D. Anderson. I hope that she follows the protocol of M.D. Anderson.
A ways back I did get another referral for a Medical Oncologyst at UCSF. I put a call in to the clinical trial center to see if I can get her in to there, Dr. Hope Rugo is a great IBC dr. who's treated most of the patients here in the Bay Area.
I am making steps to getting her a new doctor that will not give up on her. I feel like I should have gone to Medical School.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My mom is looking at switching Drs too and I am overwealmed with trying to help find a good pain Dr. It is so hard deciding. GL with finding a good new DR. It sounds like you have some good options.
Post a Comment