Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mom's cancer is back : (

My mom had been given the good news of being NED in May - after nearly a year and a half of continuous treatment after initial diagnosis on 2/7/07.

She just had a scan done in the beginning of July and nothing was detected.

Recently she found a lump on her own on her neck - not same side as the initial Inflammatory Breast Cancer started. She had a biopsy on Tuesday and found out on Friday it's cancer in a lymph node. My mom just told me about it today. Now she is going to have a further scan done and start treatment again and likely retire rather than go on more long term disability, which is running out.

She did not want to tell me because she worries that my stress will harm the baby. I am going to call my OB tomorrow and see if I can take my anti-depressants again, I had stopped at the urge of my hubby when we started trying to have a baby.

I could use some prayers please, I am very worried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your mother are in my thoughts. I am sadly aware of how awful cancer in a parent can be and I wish you all the best of luck through this ordeal. I'm so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling of cancer in the lymph nodes! Thats is what my Mom has!

If you need to talk I am here! you have my call phone #

Alison said...

I'll be thinking about you Stephanie!!