Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meeting a new Dr. for my Mom

Yesterday my mom and I went to meet a new Oncologist and we loved her! My Grandma and Sis-in-law went too, we all felt very good after leaving the appointment.

She has just the right experience with treating my mom's type of cancer (IBC) and has had many sucessful treatments of patients in remission for long term. She has a pateient that has been in remission for 18 years!!!! It gives us new hope that she has a better chance of beating the cancer. I hope that she can help us win this battle, it's all I want for Christmas for the next 10 years or more.
SO very thankful for the referral from my mom's radiologist for the new dr. Now we are waiting to see when we can get the new chemo started, they are hoping to start by end of this week. Time is of the essence in this case, so sooner the better. Bad news - my mom will lose her hair again, after having it grow back wavy which she loved. But luckily she has a good collection of wigs that are cute and some curly.

3 comments:

Ariella said...

I am so glad the apt went well and you all liked the new Dr. I hope this Dr can really help her. Chemo side effects suck but I am sure the nice wigs help and if it gets her healthy again then you do what you have to do.

Alison said...

AWESOME Stephanie! What a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you went with her and found a great doctor, just excellent news! I have been thinking about her a lot. Maybe you can find her some cute hats on etsy too, since it is almost cold weather again.