I have been disappointed to say the least with my mom's oncologist at Kaiser for many months now, and even told him this the last time I saw him (I ripped him a new one). I had told my mom I wanted her to see someone else and I have got several referrals from the Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) message board I frequent.
After my mom found the lump on her neck and was told she had a recurrence almost 2 weeks ago she saw the oncologist again and he told her "Write a will and retire", um - she is not terminal and it is INAPPROPRIATE ON ALL LEVELS AS A DR.
I am filing a complaint against him with the medial board of Ca.
So my mom ripped him a new one and requested to see anther Dr. ASAP, as time is of the essence with her type of cancer.
We just got the okay from Kaiser to see another Dr. in Oakland, which is about 50 miles each way from home, but this Dr. came highly recommended. She studied at M.D. Anderson in Houston, which is the leading hospital in my mom's type of cancer. So we are waiting for a call on when we can see her.
In the mean time, my mom had asked me to e-mail the leading oncologist at M.D. Anderson in Houston, I've spoke to him several times via e-mail and he is setting up a referral to see him soon.
After we see Dr. C in Houston he can work with the Dr. in Oakland and we will have the best treatment we can for beating IBC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is WONDERFUL news! I am so happy that she will be getting the best care in the country. I will say a prayer that she gets to see both Drs soon.
YAY! Good for you for taking a stand and being her advocate! Too many times people just let their doctors walk all over them and act inappropriately because no one has ever corrected them before. I'm so glad for you and for your mother and your family will be in my prayers as you begin this battle.
Post a Comment