Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF and 9/26

Today is Friday, it has become my favorite day to look forward to more lately. I am feeling very pooped by the end of the week. I have been particularly been looking forward to today though 9/26/08.

Today I am working a half day and I am taking my Mom to Oakland to see a very esteemed IBC Oncologist who used to work at MD Anderson the country's only IBC clinic. We scheduled this appointment about 3 weeks ago. We are hoping to get another opinion on my mom's best course of treatment.

My Mom started Chemo last Friday, she had it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So far she has felt pretty good, just very tired and a mild upset stomach. Soon her hair will fall out and we will bring out the cute wigs and have them styled by our own personal hair stylist D. I hope that this Chemo will shrink down the tumors to nothing. I hope my Mom does not have to do anymore Chemo, I know how hard it is on her body and mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope today has gone well for your mom! She has been in my thoughts lately and I am glad to hear you have been so proactive with her.

Sending her lots of tumor shrinking dust!