Monday, November 24, 2008

Sad

As I posted the other day my mom's condition which landed her in the ICU has improved, which I am very thankful for and blessed to still have my mom around today.

I got some bad news from her Dr. on a C/T test of her brain they did on Friday. She said that it is looking like the cancer has metastasized to her brain. We are still waiting for results on a biopsy from her lungs, I pray that nothing is shown to be in there too. I am going to request an official scan done to see where in her body the cancer may have spread to.

Just when I thought things were looking up for my mom I get news like this. Nothing can ever prepare you to hear the Drs say those words to you.

My mom is my best friend and I cannot imagine my life without her. I guess I always imagined that she and I would grow older together and have a great relationship like her and her mom do. I don't have a father, my mom was my only parent growing up. We have a small family.

I am crushed by this news. I hope that God can give me strength to get through the days that lie ahead.

9 comments:

SJS said...

I am so sorry to hear about the news you got from the doctor about your mom. I really hope that there is something that can be done to help her condition. {{HUGS}}

Cassie said...

I got here from Patty's site. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It really is the worst thing a daughter can go through. I lost my mom two years ago to brain cancer.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Easier said than done, but try to keep yourself healthy!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sending you all the virtual hugs I can right now. I wish I lived closer so I could give you real one, but until then I hope you can find some hope in all the prayers that are being sent to you.

Anonymous said...

"Patricia" is my other account. Whoops!

Zoe said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping for better news, as I know you were too. Sending lots of healing thoughts to you and your family.

Amy said...

Lots of love and hugs coming your way. I'll drop off some more goodies next week to keep you off your feet and out of the kitchen. I can't imagine how you are feeling, there just really aren't words, but there is food. I'm here for you, whatever you need.

Amy

Ariella said...

I am so sorry for more bad news. I am sending you strength and hoping for no more bad news for a while. I know how close you are to your mom, and that this must be killing you too. (((((HUGS))))))

Alison said...

Aw Steph, all my love and hugs to you my friend!

Erin said...

Stephanie, I am so very sorry. Like everyone else here, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, and may God give you all strength.