My mom is still in the hospital they moved her to the Cardiac ICU on Wednesday. She is still on a ventilator - not able to breathe on her own yet. Her lungs have improved a little so they turned down the amount of supported breathing she is getting. But she was to have a chest x-ray today and when they tried to move her off the ventilator the amount of oxygen she was getting dropped too low - means she cannot be off the ventilator yet. The Drs were impressed early today with her improvement then she had this set back this afternoon.
I am worried sick, I have been spending 8-12 hours a day at the hospital by my mom's side. I pray to her and talk to her to try and encourage her strength to get better. The bad part is that she just had chemo a week ago and the chemo is still making her very weak and will continue to have that effect for another week.
I still need prayers for her to recover, I love my mom so much and she is my best friend. I want her around for longer. I have been praying my heart out for her recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am sorry to hear your mom is still so weak, but it does sound like improvement! When my dad had his heart attack about 4 weeks ago and was on the ventilator, he stayed on for nearly 5 days just to get him strong enough and pumped his lungs with steroids. It was awful, but then again he had pnuemonia which I'm sure your mom doesn't have. In any case, I have been praying for your whole family and for your mom's recovery. I wish I could give you a real hug, but this will have to do: *HUGS!*
You are so very much in my thoughts...it sounds like your mom is really drawing a lot of strength from your presence and your strength. You're both so lucky to have each other...I will continue to think of you and send my sincerest well wishes your way. *hugs*
S, you, your mom, and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been thinking about you and your mom, especially during weekly RCIA meetings since I know you both are going through this process.
God bless.
Kari
I am thinking about you, your mom, and your baby. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and hope for the best. Take care of yourself.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family have been in my prayers. I pray that your mom will pull through this soon! *hugs*
~Andrea (AnyaBella)
S, I continue to pray for your mom, you and your entire family.
Love and prayers,
Laura (ladipale)
Oh Stephanie, I'm praying for you all. Sending my love your way... God is a Gael... he WILL watch over you! ;)
I am so sorry. I will pray for you and your mom.
Stephanie my heart goes out to you. I'm praying for you and your mom. I'm out of town starting tomorrow and I get back on Friday night. If you need anything this weekend please let me know. I know you are spending a lot of time at the hospital but maybe I can catch you at home for a few minutes on Saturday or Sunday.
lots of hugs, and please remember to take care of yourself and your little one.
So, so sorry that your family is dealing with such stress right now. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment