Today I bought my first holiday presents. I went to the local mall with my Grandma, my Aunt and Uncle. I was hesitant, but I got 2 presents purchased, which is a good start. I got my nephew a toy he will love, which made me happy just thinking about it. I have lots more to do.
I am thinking my mom would have wanted me to celebrate Christmas and not be so sad. One thing my mom taught me was to try to focus on the positives in life and have hope. I know she was with me when I was shopping today, I felt the love around me.
I miss her so much. I went to her office yesterday to get some HR paperwork filed and her secretary had cleaned out her office. I was very sad to walk into her office and see it without her personal touches. I started to cry. I got an envelope of cards from people who knew my mom through work and her office and cried more. I am so lucky to have had a loving caring mother liek her that touched so many lives as well as her families lives.
Tomorrow the local city newspaper will have an article about my mom in it. I will post a link to it. My mom was a department head in the city I live in, in charge of the Planning and Building Departments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you got some Shopping done,I know it is prob hard to do. but Like you said your Mom would want you to be Happy & Celebrate.
If you Want to Do more Shopping Saturday I would be More then Happy to Go with you.
Heather(truelove)
You're being very strong, S.
You're in my thoughts every single day.
You're absolutely right: your mom would have wanted you to be positive and celebrate Christmas. And it definitely sounds like you're staying as positive as the situation allows. I know there are still tons of things that are going to make you sad, but I'm confident that you're strong enough to make it through this!
Post a Comment