Today I went to the hospital to visit Jessica's mom, Annette. I was wanting to go see her since her kids all live in North Carolina now. I called Jessica to verify, she was very thankful for me wanting to visit her mom. Jessica is a RN and has been talking to nurses and Drs about her mom's condition daily - but to have me go see her and tell her my thoughts was reassuring to her.
I walked in to the room and Annette recognized me immediately. I spent about 45 minutes with her talking and seeing how she was feeling, she seemed okay, but a little out of it. I know her kidneys are failing and she is now on a do not resuscitate order as per Jessica's wishes. I told her Jessica sent her love with me. Annette told me she was not ready to go yet. I told her her 2 sons are on the way to visit her - one arriving today and the other tomorrow. I pray that they get to see their mom one last time before she passes. I also pray she has no pain when she passes. She is younger than my mom was when my mom passed. Annette is in her early 50s.
I am sad for Jessica and her brothers, having to go through what I just went through. I hope that I can visit Annette once or twice more to see her before she passes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so sad, Stephanie. I'm so sorry to hear it, but I think it's wonderful that you went and saw her in the hospital. That must have been hard for you.
It's so great that you went to see her, I'm sure it means the world to both her and Jessica. I know it must be hard on you, but you're doing so well. I think you about you often. Take care, S.
Post a Comment