My mom passed away today a little after 4pm.
I spent from 8-1:30 pm with her and left for a little while to got look around her house for her will and start figuring out funeral arrangements.
at 3:30 pm I got a frantic call from my grandma saying her breathing was getting worse and she was sounding like she was in pain. I rushed back to the hospital with D. I had talked to my Grandma again and asked her to get the Dr. to increase her morphine drip.
My mom was in respiratory failure when I arrived, although it had been going on since last night, getting worse as the day went on. My brother and my grandma were also there, we are grateful my mom did not pass alone, she was surrounded by our loving family.
I am numb yet heartbroken beyond words. My mom was a beautiful 62 year old woman who I admired and I hope with all my heart I can be just like her. She fought the battle against inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) for 22 months.
When I came into the hospital room this morning, I whispered "I love you to her" and she whispered back "I love you too". I also told her more than once that it was okay to go, that we would miss her - but be okay. I assured her my brother and I would take care of our grandma.
I know that my mom is in a better place now, free of pain and cancer. I know she will be watching over us as an Angel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

51 comments:
Oh Stephanie, I sit hear with tears in my eyes for you. I know you are a strong woman and you will make it through this VERY tough time. She will ALWAYS be with you!
I'm so, so, so sorry. I've been thinking about you all day. Now I'm crying my eyes out. I am very glad that she was surrounded by those who loved her the most, and that she is now at peace and is no longer in pain. I hope you can be at peace now too. I'll call you soon.
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Your mom was a brave woman and she fought as long as she could. I think you share her strength and she will always be there to watch over you and your family.
((((hugs)))
With love,
Karen (tilden2)
I am so very sorry. It's wonderful that you were able to tell each other how much love you had for each other, and I'm sure she felt the whole family's love surrounding her. May you all find peace in that knowledge.
I am so sorry for your loss :(
I'm so sorry. I'm crying for you, and I just want to thank you for sharing your memories of your mom here. Your writing made it clear that she was a very, very special woman.
Stephanie. Im so very sorry. I have been thinking about you and keeping your family in my prayer I will continue to pray for you. Big hugs!!
I don't really "know you" but i've been following your story. I'm so very sorry. *big hugs*
Stephanie,
I am so so sorry for your and your family's loss. Your mom was a beautiful and strong woman who fought harder than most probably could. She is comfortable and pain free and will be there taking care of you and your little one.
I'm in tears. My heart is breaking for you. If I could take away the pain you are feeling I certainly would. There are no words to convey how sorry I am that you are going through this. You have been a wonderfully strong and supportive daughter and woman and a strong example of stretgth. Lots of hugs and love and prayers for strentgh for you and your family.
Amy
I am so sorry, Stephanie. I hope you have some rest and comfort knowing that she is at peace and still with you in spirit. Lots of hugs and I'll be thinking of you!
My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry about your loss. I'll be thinking about you and keeping all of your family in my prayers.
I'm Sorry Stephaine, I am Sitting here crying my eye out, I glad you got to be around her want she passed. She is now at peace & not in pain. I Know you wanted her to be around to see your little boy. Please if you need anything PLEASE let me or any of the Other girls from the Nest know. We are Happy to help you out.
Stephanie, I am so, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad you're finding some comfort and peace now that she's passed to a better place. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
i am so sorry for your loss. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry Stephanie. I know how strong your bond and relationship with her was and how much you both loved each other. I am glad you all got to be with her in the end. I will be thinking of you lots in the next few days, as I am sure they will be increadibly hard. Your family is in my prayers.
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am so heartbroken for you. I've been praying for you and your mom every chance I get. I will continue to pray for strength for you to get through the difficult days and weeks ahead. She will always be with you, and I hope you can take comfort in that and the fact that she definitely knew how much you loved her. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.
I am so very very sorry. She will be watching over you and your baby, without a doubt. I will continue to pray for your family.
I am so sorry. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Jessica (Mrs.Wright07)
I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I'm so sorry. I'm at a loss for words. So unfair.
-Mrs.BoomBoom
Stephanie,
I was just at yoga thinking about you and your family... I am so very sorry for your loss. Wishing you the best in the weeks to come.
I am so sorry. As many of the wondeful ladies have said before me...you have been in my thoughts, and I hope that you are able to find peace that you were able to spend a good amount of time with her and able to both express your love for one another. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
(murphysmom)
I too am very sorry for your loss. Your Mom's strength and dignity will live on in you and your brother and all of your children. If there is anything you need, you have an amazing support system and people are eager to help you, do not feel alone. I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts.
I am so, so sorry. You don't really "know" me but I have been following your blog via the nest. I went through a VERY similar situation with my own mother and my heart just breaks for you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this very, very difficult time.
Big hug,
Stephanie (Fifer)
I'm soooo sorry for your loss. I'm here in tears. I wish you the best and the strength I know you have to get through this tough time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your dear mother.
Oh Stephanie, I am so very sorry to hear of your mothers passing. I can not imagine your pain. I am so so sorry.
Your mother was extremely lucky to have a daughter like you. Lots of hugs coming your way!
I am so sorry for you loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
Stephanie I am so sorry for your loss. You and your mom have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am positive she is in a better place now where she will be looking down on you and your little one. Sending you tons of hugs.
Steph, my heart aches so badly for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
We had to go through this virtually same scenario this summer with DH's and my favorite aunt and while I know it doesn't even touch on the scope of what you are experiencing...if you need anyone to talk to about it. I am always here.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry!!!!
Stephanie - I'm so very sorry. --Alison
Oh Steph...I'm so, so very sorry for your loss. Your love for her is such a beautiful thing and I know it will forever stay with you. Again, I am so very soon.
Oh, Steph...I'm so sorry. If you need anything, please let me know...anything at all. I'll be thinking of you...
I am so very sorry for your loss. My sympathies, prayers and hugs to you and your family.
Venessa
I am so sorry. I can't express it but I have tears of sadness and grief for you. You are an amazing and strong woman Stephanie, just like your mom! Always remember that!
My condolences from our family to yours..even though we don't "know" one another, just know that we are praying for your family's strength through this time...you are right, your mom is in THE best place now, comfortable and free of her cancer.
Dianne (0105bride)
I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of hugs.
I am at a loss for words. I am so sorry you are going through this.
Oh Steph, I'm so sorry. I'm also shedding tears for your loss. From what you've said, your mom was indescribable, she was such a wonderful woman.
Please take care. I know she's now watching over you and your family.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Please take care of one another.
Stephanie -
I am so so terribly sorry. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jo
I'm so very sorry, Stephanie! This brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure she felt the love and support from you and your family. She fought bravely...
If there's anything I can do, let me know... Sending you and your family love, hugs and prayers.
I am so sorry. I have no words for this. Even I can't imagine your heartbreak. I'll pray for your whole family.
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you. Your mom was very brave and so are you.
Ruth (NorCalMrs)
i don't know you. i don't even know how i found you. but my heart is breaking for you. for your loss, i send you hugs and strength.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. {{HUGS}}
Post a Comment