Yesterday my family buried my mom. We had a large turn out of friends and family at the funeral. I had so many people tell me wonderful things about her. I was unable to speak at the service, but my mom's best friend and my 10 year old niece spoke. It was a hard day for all of us, we had our final chance to say good-bye to her body. I know her spirit left her body a week ago when she passed.
I have had a week to think about her passing. I know my mom is in a better place and not in any pain anymore and even though I miss her with my whole heart. I know it was the best thing for her even if it happened 20 or more years before most people die. I know now I made the right choice in treatments in her last few days of her life. I live with no regrets. She knew how loved she was by our family and her closest friends.
I miss her so much, my heart feels heavy and a piece of it died last week. I lay awake at night thinking about the last 31 years of my life with her and the last month of her life.
I wanted so much for her to be there in person when I deliver and to pass on to me more words of wisdom about being a mother. Her and I had talked about when I was to go on maternity leave we would spend our days together with baby B. I know she will always be in my life and I know she will be there as Brendan's guardian angel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry, Stephanie. It sounds like your mom was truly an amazing person and all the love and guidance she has passed on to you, you will share with your little boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I could write a novel in my comments, because I remember exactly how that feels. I'll continue to pray for strength for you to get through this time. Your son is blessed to have your mom for his guardian angel.
I wish I could have been there for you. I hope you know I'm here for you virtually as best I can be.
*HUGS*
Again I am so sorry for your loss. I have many of the same feelings as you do. And, yes she is your guardian angel...just like my mom is mine.
Hugs S!
Post a Comment